Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why is it every time I use a credit card I feel like I'm the one being used?

I am a Single Mother in Debt. I have 3 credit cards and every time I pay them down, I end up using them for something. Even though I say, I'll pay it off in 2-3 months it never happens and I end up carring a balance from month to month. I swear every time it gets swiped, I can hear a crowd of people getting happy. Like the credit card people are excited I'm using it. Last year I chopped one up only to get "checks" in the mail. Oh yeah, that's the newest thing. They send you checks when they notice you haven't been using your card. It's like they know that you've cut it up. I used the checks to buy the things I 'needed' only to find I ran the balance up again.
Well, it's the end of August and I am right back where I was last August. The creditors aren't calling yet, but if I don't get my butt in gear they will be soon. I cannot blame once single incident that has caused this senerio. I just fell behind due to a combination of events. The gas prices went up, the cost of summer camp went up, the cost of school uniforms went up, the cost of food went up, do you see a pattern? The only thing that didn't go up was my paycheck. So I need to find ways to increase my income. I have a few ideas in mind and I hope they work out to my advantage. We shall see . . .

No comments: