Friday, August 29, 2008

Have a frugal weekend . . .

It's the weekend, we shall all rejoice. And a three day weekend, let's all do the happy dance. I can wait. . .

But for those who don't have a lot of disposable income, (like me) the weekend doesn't have to be boring. What can I do for free? Well, go to the park with my son. I could also exercise outside. Go for a run or walk or bike ride. Watch some movies at home with popcorn. Clean the house all day, every nook and cranny and air out your house also. It tends to get stuffy after a while.


This is a long weekend so let me tell you what I'll be doing. I am baking a pound cake and some banana bread. I wish I could sell my baked goods and make more money. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. But I digress, I am also having dinner with family. I have to take my truck in for service; a much needed task. So there goes my Saturday. Sunday, I am cleaning the house and watching some movies on DVD. Monday, I may visit family again, it doesn't cost a thing to spend quality time with loved ones.

And last but not least I have searched the house and put some things on eBay. We'll see how that goes.

Money saving tip:
Use coupons when shopping. And don't be afraid to use the store brand.

No comments: